In Belgium, we represent approximately 1,700 companies (of which more than 90 % are SMEs) that in 2020 jointly created approximately 37,000 direct jobs, and who achieved a turnover of 9 billion euros, of which approx. 70 % in export. The textile industry, which consists of approximately 600 companies and some 19,000 employees, was good in 2020 for a turnover of 4 billion euros. Fedustria‘s mission is to help companies in the textile, wood and furniture industries to develop successfully by safeguarding and strengthening their competitiveness.
This is achieved by:
- acting as a representative of these sectors,
- by actively defending the common interests of its member companies,
- by offering a wide range of specialised services,
- by creating a common training and meeting place for its members,
- and by providing accurate and rapid information.